Insider Trading: Political Intelligence as a New Enforcement Target
Former Chief, Public Corruption Unit, U.S. Attorney’s Office, SDNY
Covington & Burling LLP
Salvatore G. Cincinelli
Supervisory Special Agent, Complex Financial Crimes Unit
Cynthia A. Marian
Former General Counsel and CCO, Civic Capital Advisors, LLC
General Counsel, Paragon Advisors Corp.
Former Assistant United States Attorney, SDNY, Partner
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP
- Evaluating federal guidelines for trading of confidential information
- When do government officials and employees have a duty to keep information confidential?
- When do members and staff of the legislative bodies have a similar duty?
- Analyzing civil and criminal enforcement cases post-Salman Do actual or expected campaign contributions satisfy Salman‘s personal benefit requirement?
- Can expected post-government employment?
- Assessing the risks in hiring political intelligence consultants?
- How can they be mitigated?
- Identifying what changes funds need to make to be in compliance and address new risks