Insider Trading: Political Intelligence as a New Enforcement Target
Former Chief, Public Corruption Unit, U.S. Attorney’s Office, SDNY
Covington & Burling LLP
Salvatore G. Cincinelli
Supervisory Special Agent, Complex Financial Crimes Unit
Cynthia A. Marian
General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer
Civic Capital Advisors, LLC
- Evaluating federal guidelines for trading of confidential information
- When do government officials and employees have a duty to keep information confidential?
- When do members and staff of the legislative bodies have a similar duty?
- Analyzing civil and criminal enforcement cases post-Salman Do actual or expected campaign contributions satisfy Salman‘s personal benefit requirement?
- Can expected post-government employment?
- Assessing the risks in hiring political intelligence consultants?
- How can they be mitigated?
- Identifying what changes funds need to make to be in compliance and address new risks